Double-click to start typing
Double-click to start typing

#TheHyperNetwork.com

# Social Media Marketing Agency

FREE Advertising Market

Forum Home > Aion > What happened to Aion

Cornface

Hello,

I can't believe when I see that two of the biggest aion projects aion-emu and aion x emu didn't commit for better than a year now. What happened, Aion used to be active in development just like l2. Anyone can update me with the current status of Aion and if there is any active aion project left over.

April 16, 2016 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

RainbowMan

I believe they all went into private developement.

April 16, 2016 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Grimfire

There are few public emu's available in the release section. Few sources. The other emus are developed privately, and not shared with the public.

Aion used to be active, back when L2 & MuOnline were popular. Those times flew by some time ago. Not many good Aion servers around anymore. A lot of people moved on from Aion back to L2, because L2 went free recently

April 16, 2016 at 7:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flipover

With the release of Aion 3.0 i suspect many people will get back into the development of Aion servers depending on how good the content is. The current servers were all coded in Java and based on the same source one way or another a new project needs to be made from scratch possibly in C++ to kick start a new age.

Current projects are all messy, i wouldn't cheer for the code inside them files.

April 16, 2016 at 7:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Blake Burton

aion is going to be free to play too in couple of weeks , i see no point in private servers, except for fun :)

April 16, 2016 at 7:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Emily Ball

it is working on win 7 x64?

April 16, 2016 at 7:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flipover

That's Aion EU people like me still play on Aion US and i have no intention of starting again after all the work i've put into my toons.

April 16, 2016 at 7:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Blake Burton

yes , but you are not going to start playing on private servers either , right ?

it's just of now that private servers are becoming obsolete since the free2play model is taking over aion :)

April 16, 2016 at 7:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Human Prototype

free2play doesn't mean high rate only crazy pple would spend that much time on their toons lol.

April 16, 2016 at 7:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rise of Law

It is fun, but now players to reduce.I think it is the lack of a good server

April 16, 2016 at 7:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Deltaborne

Yes, it works perfectly with Windows 7 64bit.

April 16, 2016 at 7:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rise of Law

I made myself an server about a week ago, right now 30+ players :D

April 16, 2016 at 7:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Space and Maze

NCsoft announced a while ago that Aion will be free to play. Whit this move they tighten the market and

this kills alot of private servers. And because of the lack of the newcoming customers interest the private

server developers will silently pass their projects.

This is only my opinion. Not representing the developers standing policy.

April 16, 2016 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Flipover

I've tested all aspects of Aion 3.0 and one thing i can say the exp rate is still absolute shit, decent mounts are nearly impossible to get unless you want to spend some real cash, housing costs too much kinah, pvp is dead.

There is still a market for Aion 3.0 if a new project were to be made i would assume it will attract alot of players from the retail based on the things i listed above. Someone should start a new project from scratch all the packets are inside the source of the current emulators but for heaven sakes don't make it in java T_T C++ come on!

April 16, 2016 at 7:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.
The Hyper Network - is a network that will help you grow your social presence. We allow you to look and choose who you want to like/subscribe/follow/view